Adventures in

Canada Tours

Outdoor enthusiasts should head to Canada, to see nature in all her glory. Our Canada tours include a selection of the best national parks in the country, providing the most picture-perfect landscapes to explore. Conquer epic hiking trails in Banff and Jasper National Parks and spot huge amounts of wildlife including the native Grizzly Bear.

From white-water rafting, to mountain biking, Canada itineraries are for the ultimate adventure-lover. Tucan Travel's Canada tours including driving the stunning Icefields Parkway right through the heart of the Rockies.

All Tours of Canada

Open Filters

2 Tours

Display By:
Sort By:

Added to
Route: Vancouver to Calgary
Style: Worldwide Adventures
View Tour

Added to
Route: Vancouver to Calgary
Style: Adventures for 20s and 30s
View Tour

Independently Verified Travel Reviews From Past Clients

Canada Travel Guide

Canada Travel Guide

Brief history

Initially inhabited by indigenous communities, Canada was colonised in the 16th century by the British and French. After the British lost control of the United States, only Canada remained in their power until 1931 when the country achieved near total independence. It is still part of the Commonwealth of Nations with Queen Elizabeth II being the head of state.

Geography and weather

It is geographically, the second largest country in the world after Russia. One of the biggest draws of Canada is its natural beauty, and the country is home to extensive forests, glaciers and volcanoes. Climate in Canada varies from region to region. During winter, most parts of the country will get very cold, and in non-coastal areas snow can cover the ground for large amounts of the year. Summer is generally very pleasant with temperatures average between 20-30 Celsius.

Visit to get an idea of what the weather will be like on your tour.


From the 15th March 2016, for citizens other than those from the USA, they will be required to obtain an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) to enter the country. This needs to be obtained online and costs, at the time of writing, CAD$7. This is only for people flying into Canada rather than by land or sea.

If you are transiting through the USA or stopping over on the way you need to follow the rules of entry marked below.

Holders of UK, Australian, New Zealand and most EU countries are eligible to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP). It is valid for up to 90 day stay. Any person travelling under this must apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) before travelling. It is a simple process online that costs USD$14 and it requires your passport details and US address. For citizens not eligible to travel under the VWP, please contact your local embassy.

Important: From 1st of April 2016 all travellers who are using the ESTA system, must have an electronic passport.  From 21st January 2016 new rules also exclude from the VWP most people who have travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria since 1 March 2011, and those who have dual nationality of these countries. This means that existing ESTAs could be revoked, and you will instead need to apply for a visa from the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.

Money & Food Kitty (Adventures for 20s & 30s only)

The monetary unit in Canada is the Canadian Dollar

On our Adventures for 20s & 30s only in North America, we operate a Food Kitty System for tours that include camping. Your tour leader will collect a payment of $10 per day on tour in cash on the first day of the tour. This money will go towards all food on camping days. We provide all cooking equipment and everyone will take turns buying, preparing and cooking the meals. Meals are not included when you are staying in cities and we encourage you to go out and feast on all the local foods. This is not applicable for Worldwide Adventures in North America.


Tipping is expected in North America for anyone who provides a service including local guides, waiters and taxi drivers. These workers are paid a low wage so the tips go towards their way of life. In restaurants a 15% tip is standard and you should expect to tip $1 per drink in bars. For taxi drivers 10% is considered standard and the same for local guides whilst doing optional activities.


Canada takes security very seriously especially in tourist areas and airports. Like anywhere in the world, you can be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Care should be taken, especially whilst walking around the larger cities. Try to keep away from dark quiet areas if on your own, particularly late at night and put personal items like passport and tickets in the hotel safe where available.

Local food and drink

Your tour leader will be able to recommend restaurants.

Canada is home to a huge amount of different food specialities depending on the region. Poutine is a famous treat- French fries covered with cheese curds and gravy. Canadian bacon is also delicious especially when used with local maple syrup!

You will have time to explore local restaurants especially when staying in the cities on our tours in Canada.

All drinks such as water, soft or alcoholic drinks are at your own expense at all times.

The legal drinking age in Canada varies from province to province. In BC the legal age is 19 whilst in Alberta it is 18 and this policy is very strict. You will be not allowed in to bars to nightclubs without proof of age, so remember to take your driver's license and photocopy of passport on nights out.

Time Difference

The time difference in Canada is GMT/UTC -3.5 to -8. For other time differences please visit


110 volts, double flat-pin plug